At St. James Trinity we have an active choir that sings regularly on Sunday mornings, except during the summer.
The choir meets every Wednesday evening at 6:00 for a one-hour practice. They sing a mix of traditional and contemporary music from unison to 4-part anthems.
The choir is comprised of a fun and friendly group of singers. No auditions are necessary to become a member. In addition to lively choir practices, the group gets together for a variety of social activities periodically throughout the year, helps to sponsor a needy family at Christmas time, and rings bells for the Salvation Army.
We encourage everyone of ALL ages and talents to join us.
- You always get a great seat where you can see everything.
- Rehearsal on Wednesday evenings means a night without the kids/grandkids/ spouse.
- Single men: The ratio of women to men in choir is 4:1. Of course not all of the women are single, but some are.
- Children: The first three kids that get their parents to join get a free pet.
- You get complements on a Sunday morning and maybe even applause. Seriously, when is the last time anyone ever applauded you?
- The choir director might decide to take the choir to Germany. You KNOW you love sauerkraut.
- Choir parties are fun, but what happens at the choir party, stays at the choir party.
- Youth: Voluntary participation in a group looks really good on college/other applications and makes your parents happy too. Having happy parents improves your likelihood of getting a new phone or car.
- Your joyful noise may prevent church members from nodding-off, which is the leading cause of pew-induced head trauma.
- Singing in the choir is good for your lungs and your general health. It’s like free medical care.
- Some of the best jokes happen in choir. Don’t miss your chance to chuckle yourself silly.
- You will get to spend time with Pete. Enough said!